With winter weather underway, it pays to have your furnace looked at by a qualified heating contractor. Not only will it help maximize the life of your furnace, but you’ll also save money on your energy bills by having a well-maintained and properly functioning furnace. Such inspections vary in cost, but it’s not difficult to find a trustworthy contractor who can carry out an inspection at an affordable price.
Annual inspections and maintenance are an essential part of furnace upkeep. In fact, they’re usually recommended by your furnace manufacturer. Not only does an annual furnace inspection catch potential problems early on, it also helps lower your maintenance costs by detecting and fixing issues before they have the potential to worsen. An emergency repair can cost up to twice as much as one done during a routine inspection.
The services your contractor provides during an inspection may vary, but here’s a quick list of tasks you can expect to see performed:
- Inspection of the venting system for leakage and/or blockage
- Inspection and replacement of filters, if necessary
- Temperature rise checks
- Analysis of combustion gases
- Blower fan cleaning and inspection, including an amp-draw test
- Inspection of the drainage system for blockage and/or leakage
- Inspection of wiring for corrosion and other damage
- Testing of carbon monoxide levels
- Thermostat testing and calibration
- Lubrication of moving parts
An annual furnace inspection does more than just insure that your furnace operates as it should. It also gives you peace of mind over the winter months when you need your furnace most. After an experienced HVAC contractor performs an inspection of your furnace, you’ll rest easier knowing that it’s up to the task of keeping your home warm and comfortable.
Contact the seasoned professionals at Climatic Conditioning Co., Inc. to schedule your own annual furnace inspection. For more than 40 years, Sarasota, Bradenton and Lakewood homeowners have turned to us for their home comfort needs.