Ductless AC Systems in Sarasota FL
Mini-split ductless air conditioners can serve as primary units for heating and cooling or as supplements to an existing system. As the name suggests, ductless mini splits do not require ducts to provide air conditioning and heating. If your building does not have ducts, mini-split units offer a good solution.
How Ductless Mini Splits Work
An outdoor compressor is connected by a conduit routed through a wall to an indoor air handler that blows conditioned air into a room. The conduit passes through a three- to four-inch hole drilled through the wall and contains electrical wiring and tubing with refrigerant. As with a standard air conditioner, refrigerant circulates between the compressor and the evaporator. Fans blow cooled air into the room. In some systems, up to eight indoor blower units can be attached to one compressor.
If you have a forced-air system but need to supplement rooms that don’t cool or heat properly, or if you would like to provide conditioned air to a hard-to-reach room, ductless units do the job. Blower units come as wall-mounted, ceiling or floor cassettes, making them easy to integrate into interior décor.
Advantages of Ductless Mini Splits
There are several advantages to ductless ac units.
- Each room has its own climate control device, so when a unit is not in use it can be switched off.
- Unlike a central system where all rooms must be the same temperature, ductless units allow each room to be cooled to a designated temperature.
- They are very quiet. The compressor is outside, so there is no noise inside except for the sound of blowing air.
- Indoor pollutants are not transferred from room to room because there is no ductwork connecting rooms.
- Ductless ac units are energy efficient because they do not lose conditioned air through ducts. Forced-air ducted systems can leak up to 40 percent of cooled air.
Ductless units provide efficient solutions for businesses and residential applications. Although the up-front cost of a unit is more than a window unit, Energy Star qualified mini-split systems save up to 30 percent on heating and cooling costs.
How We Can Help
Climatic Conditioning Company has provided heating and cooling solutions to residents of Sarasota and Manatee counties since 1972. Our technicians are certified in core competencies and specialties by NATE, North American Technician Excellence. We provide excellent customer service and advanced technical knowledge for our customers. We offer:
- Repair, installation and maintenance of all makes and models of heat pumps, air conditioners and furnaces
- Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer
- 24-hour emergency service
- 100 percent customer satisfaction
- Air quality products
- Free estimates
- Seasonal specials and attractive financing
We can help you find affordable, energy-efficient solutions to improve your indoor comfort. Feel free to call us and speak to one of our technicians about your air conditioning needs.