Staying Safe from Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide is a scary gas because it has no color, odor, or taste. Essentially, the only way you will know that there are high levels of this gas in your Sarasota, Florida, home is if you start to feel the deadly symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. One of the sources is a faulty-gas furnace, which is why it should be checked regularly. Keep your family safe by knowing the causes and prevention for carbon monoxide poisoning in the home.

Know the Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Make sure you and everyone in your home is aware of the signs of this type of poisoning. Even if you have a detector, you should never ignore even the smallest warning signs. These signs may include nausea, frontal headaches, and loss of consciousness. If you see someone in your home who has lost consciousness, get everyone out of the house immediately in case it occurred from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Keep Your Home Safe

Make sure you keep your home safe. Have your furnace checked by a qualified professional once a year, especially before winter when it will be used more often. You should also make sure you don’t ever leave a vehicle running in an enclosed area such as a garage even for just a few minutes.

Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector

Your home should have at least one carbon monoxide detector installed. If you live on a multi-level home, consider installing a detector on each floor of your home. The risk of carbon monoxide poison is generally low, but it is deadly, and you never want to worry about whether there is high level of carbon monoxide lurking in your home.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is a scary thing, but it’s easily detectable and preventable. Call 941-444-5399 to speak to the experts at Climatic Conditioning Co., Inc. to have your furnace checked out before you start needing it more this winter.

Image provided by Shutterstock