When you schedule air conditioning and heating maintenance, you don’t expect to be greeted by a service technician who is really a commissioned sales rep and whose only objective is to sell you a new system. Unfortunately, there are HVAC companies out there that operate this way.
These unscrupulous HVAC contractors advertise bargain-basement prices on air conditioning service and maintenance calls. The unsuspecting consumer schedules an appointment only to be confronted by a salesperson who, after looking at the system, declares that it needs immediate replacement. Many customers believe this and buy a new system, even though the existing unit is perfectly okay.
How Much Does Air Conditioning And Heating Maintenance Cost?
Most HVAC companies charge between $70.00 and $100.00 for a professional heating or cooling system maintenance call, but many trustworthy contractors also offer coupons for maintenance discounts or residential maintenance plans that include priority service and discounts on parts and labor.
How Can I Avoid Scams?
Here is what to expect from a qualified HVAC service technician who performs heating or air conditioning maintenance and who represents an ethical HVAC company:
- The outdoor condenser unit coils and indoor evaporator unit coils should be cleaned thoroughly. Dirty AC coils can lower system efficiency and damage mechanical parts.
- Drain pans should be inspected and condensate drains cleared of any blockages so that moisture does not accumulate within the units or leak into the home.
- AC refrigerant levels should be checked and freon levels adjusted as needed. Improper refrigerant levels can reduce AC performance and shorten the lifespan of your system.
- Fan motors, blowers and blades should be inspected and worn parts replaced.
- All moving parts should be lubricated as needed.
- Air filters should be cleaned or replaced if dirty.
- Wiring and electrical connections should be checked.
- After service, the system should be checked to ensure proper operation.
Ducts do not need annual maintenance, but they should be inspected every few years for indoor air quality contaminants like dirt, dust, debris, insects and mold. Your technician should also check for duct leaks through which the air you pay to heat or cool can escape.
Climatic Conditioning Co., Inc. is a Factory-Authorized Carrier Dealer which means we have met very stringent national standards to reach factory authorized status. As professionals, we have high standards of conduct and we guarantee customer satisfaction. Serving Sarasota, FL, and the surrounding communities, our NATE-Certified Technicians do not receive sales commissions. Their job is to keep your existing HVAC system in good condition. If your air conditioner or heat pump is nearing the end of its lifespan, we will certainly suggest replacement options, but our goal is not to sell you new products; our objective is to ensure that the system you presently own will perform as well as possible for as long as possible.