It’s starting to warm up outside and that means it’s almost time to turn your A/C units back on. Like any piece of machinery, you should make sure it is in tip top condition before you flip the switch. Whether you utilize a central air conditioning system or room air conditioners, a little bit of basic maintenance and preventative care will help ensure your system will keep you nice and cool throughout the hot and humid months ahead.
This is especially important as the likelihood is that you have not turned your A/C system on since last summer. Since then it has rested in a dormant state while being left exposed to the elements. While your A/C system may have worked flawlessly throughout last season, plenty of time has past for dirt, debris, insects, rodents and Mother Nature to get into it and gunk up the works. Having it inspected before you turn it on is simply a wise idea that will help ensure flawless operation this season.
Professional A/C Inspection
When you hire an A/C specialist to inspect your air conditioning systems, they will perform the following tasks to ensure your system operates smoothly and efficiently:
- Vacuum the grills, return air vents and registers to ensure they are free of dirt and debris.
- Clean or replace filters.
- Inspect the thermostat, wiring, relays, fuses and other electrical components to ensure they’re connected and operating properly.
- Test motors for amperage and voltage to ensure there are no shorts.
- Lubricate moving parts including bearings.
- Inspect the condensate drain, coils, evaporator and temperature split for potential leaks or cracks in the A/C system.
- Check coolant levels and top them off as needed.
As part of this inspection, loose connections will be tightened, dirty components will be cleaned up and any elements that are faulty or beyond repair will be replaced.
Before you turn your air conditioner on this season, be sure to contact Climatic Conditioning Co., Inc. We will be happy to bring our 40 years of experience into your home whether you are in in Bradenton, Sarasota, Manatee, Lakewood Ranch, Palmetto, or Venice.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com